Friday, May 05, 2006

Fruits of One's Labor

I have been hard at work designing and knitting garments for the store. My first fully-completed garment is pictured below. It is made out of Bouton d'Or's New Bamboo, a wonderful new yarn for spring/summer that comes in an amazing range of vibrant colors. This bamboo yarn is unique in that it's a viscose, which results in a stronger yarn that is highly resistant to wear and pilling. Because it's 100% bamboo, the garment has an amazingly silky feel and drapes beautifully.

The garment is a cap sleeve round-neck summer top with lace detailing along the bottom edge and the raglan sleeve edges. It's knit almost entirely in the round with virtually no seams to sew. The pictured top is a Small and took 7.2 balls to knit on size 7 needles. A knitter with intermediate skills should have no problem knitting this top.



I am currently proofreading the pattern and hope to have it finished by early next week.

As I wrote previously, my spiffy new sign is up and happily announcing to the world that I am here. Here you go, a spiffy picture of the spiffy sign.


Pretty spiffy, huh?

PS: the sign isn't really pink, it's burgundy.

No comments: