Monday, June 19, 2006

Allergy season...

...has hit me _h_a_r_d_. I took Sunday off and let Maya guard the kingdom while I stayed home and got some rest.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending the National Needle Arts Market put on by the TNNA. It's where shop owners go to buy merchandise for their needlework stores. My good friend Grenadine Girl tagged along... we had much fun. You can read her humorous account of our madcap romp through the skywalks of Indianapolis here.

So what did I order? I promised myself not to buy too much yarn since I've done the bulk of my ordering already as the yarn reps have been visiting me during the past month. Nonetheless, I found lots and lots of goodies to tempt you with this fall.

A brief recap:

1. Lots of Lorna's Laces yarn in Shepherd worsted, Sock, and the new Swirl DK.
2. A new line of hand-dyed yarn from Conjoined Creations, two wacky but sweet ladies. Hand-dyed laceweight Soy Silk, anyone?
3. A lovely bulky thick-n-thin from Nature's Palette - I'm excited about this one!
4. Gobs of yarn from Karabella, including cashmere blends that will make you swoon.
5. Buttons and more buttons... cute, moderately-priced buttons from Muench as well as a new line of limited production ceramic buttons not yet available in the bay area.
6. Purse handles
7. A new line of wool wash available in three scents.
8. Two lines of knitting bags, from Namaste' and Susan Todd.
9. Several yarns from Aurora Yarns, a distributor of Scandinavian and Italian yarns located in Moss Beach, CA. The owner Frederikka is possibly the nicest person I've ever met!
10. Several yarns (including a beautiful chenille) from Fonty, a French company distributed in the US by Russi Sales. The Russis are possibly the nicest people I've ever met!
11. I had the pleasure of meeting Kirsten Muench, head honcho of Muench Yarns (who also distributes GGH yarns). Kirsten is possibly the nicest person I've ever met! GGH has some exciting yarns coming for fall but I haven't firmed up my order as of yet. Ran out of time!
12. Last but not least: we got to meet Australia's Jo Sharp! She is definitely the nicest person I've ever met.

Ok, so I met a lot of really-really nice people. Yay. I had lots of fun and even though people tell me I'm crazy, I can't wait for the winter trade show in San Diego so I can do this all over again. Go Yarn!

Warren

No comments: